Wednesday, November 18, 2009

APC40 and Rewire

Finally got a chance to sit down and get some things going today. I tried rewiring Ableton Live through Logic, which seems to work quite well - but you don't get the use of the APC40. Logic has control via Rewire, so the APC just becomes a piece of plastic! I may try rewiring it the other way, so that Live is the controller, and Logic becomes the slave, as I think I'd get full control.
I then tried the same thing in Pro Tools, obviously with the same result. One thing that I did notice since installing Snow Leopard though was that my MC Mix know longer worked with Pro Tools. I installed the latest patch, with still no luck, and after hunting around for ages found a post that said you needed to use the file permissions tool to scan your hard drive for changes. That seemed to fix it, and now I have automated faders again in Pro Tools and Logic, which is great. Only thing I have now is none of the Spectrasonics plugins showing up in Pro Tools, so that will be the nxt job.
I have another remix I'm playing around with at the moment, so might get that one done in the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment