Saturday, November 7, 2009

APC40 mix - Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Relax" mixed with "Busy Child" by The Crystal method.

The Crystal Method are one of my favourite bands, and even though this song is probably about 10 years old, it still is a really kicking track. 'Relax' is of course very famous, and I thought it might quite well over the top.
In this demo I'm using a couple of plugins. The first is Effectrix, which is a glitch/beat scrambler VST plugin. The second one is called Lucifer, which does basically the same thing - but is a bit more advanced (and harder to use!). I have placed both of these effects on the master channel, but set with about 50% dry/wet mix. The two outside tracks contain MIDI clips that send note data to each of the plugins and trigger the appropriate effect. In this case I'm using Effectrix for most of the effects like Chorus, Flanging, Delay etc. and I'm using Lucifer for the beat repeating (8ths, 16ths, 32ds) etc.
I've found that using MIDI clips for triggering effects is a bit easier than trying to control it from the knobs and dedicated effects controls of the APC40 (as I have done in earlier remixes).

1 comment:

  1. sir,
    can i have your email address. would like to discuss something. please email me your contact at paraggoswami@gmail.com. I am from India.

    thanks!
    Parag

    ReplyDelete