Thursday, November 12, 2009

Spectrasonics Trilian

My copy of Trilian just arrived a few days ago, and I've had a bit of a chance to play with it. For those of you not familiar with it, this is Spectrasonics' new bass synthesizer. It's made up primarily of electric and acoustic basses (upright, chapman stick etc), and sounds incredible. Amazingly well sampled, uses round robin sampling (so that every note doesn't sound the same), and apparently some of the bass sounds have in the order of 21,000 samples! I think it will work really well for more open and acoustic styles, but fantastic to have.
For most of my work I'm actually interested in synthesizer basses, and I must admit that I wasn't expecting it to be so heavily orientated to real bass sounds. That said, they are planning on releasing a giant patch set of synth sounds, so as soon as that comes out I will do a video going through the program and show what it's capable of! You can hear some of it on the Christopher Walken video I did last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment