Saturday, November 7, 2009

Love Story Remix by Taylor Swift

This is a remix I did to introduce my Music Technology students to the art of remixing. Taylor Swift is an amazing song writer, and this song is incredibly popular. I thought it was possibly recorded a little bit fast though, and by slowing it down we could turn it into a bit more of a hip hop track. When this is done the track immediately loses its country feeling, but I think still retains the character of the original song.
One thing I try and teach my students is not to do a remix just for the sake of it, unless you are adding something new, all you're really doing is putting a beat under someone else's work. You should always strive to add your own unique creativity expression onto an existing track.

No comments:

Post a Comment